Prescription medications are frequently used to treat patients with diagnoses such as pain, anxiety, substance abuse, depression or mental health disorders. Lack of medication efficacy, poor outcomes, misuse, abuse and diversion are growing concerns. We provide objective and clinically actionable results that may help clinicians make more effective prescribing decisions and improve patient results.
Pharmacogenetics (PGX) explores the relationship between genetics and drug metabolism.
When paired with clinical expertise, PGX and medication monitoring can be important assessment tools to help clinicians improve patient outcomes.
Gibson Diagnostic Lab’s state-of-the-art lab features Illumina® instrumentation technology for the most comprehensive analyses possible. It looks over more assays than any other instrument available. In addition, our custom-designed air circulation system is designed for optimum airflow that reduces the opportunity for contamination. We also separate our pre-amplification and amplification rooms, and both are protected under stringent safety regulations.
Our comprehensive, customized services provide accurate results backed by scientific data and delivered with unsurpassed service and support.
Turn Around Time:
10 Business Days
Some benefits include:
- Identifying harmful drug interactions
- Determining the most effective medication and dosage
- Minimizing trial and error prescribing
- Providing objective and clinically actionable results that may result in more effective prescribing decisions that are personalized to each patient
- An extensive test menu that offers a wide variety of genes available for testing